Sunday, October 23, 2011

fall decor

So i decided now that i have a house that i need to start collecting my holiday decor. I started with Halloween. I saw on one pretty thing a post with these bats

I love them and i wanted to do then outside my door coming out of some cornstalks but 1. i had no corn stalks and 2. no one would even see my door. so instead i did them inside. i used black construction paper but later read that they are to be made out of black felt. oops! o well. my ma found me some cornstalks so i might do them outside too just for fun.

this really isn't a fall decoration but i have been wanting to get sticks like this for this basket since like 4 years ago and while in Utah for conference i grabbed some from homegoods. i SOO wish we had a homegoods here. ( these were an anniversary present to myself) mom and i added the flowers

We got some cute wooden letter from joanns, painted them black and covered them in glitter. SPOOOKY eh?
Found these cute fake pumpkins super cheap at walmart! 5 dollars each, i wish they had more! the pumpkin on the left is real and is already rotting, i have only had it a few days. its all mushy and yuck!
i plan on finding some cute leaves and preserving them like we did last year in wax but only this year in mod podge because that is just an all around better way to go! this is just a start to my collection


No comments:

Post a Comment