Sunday, October 3, 2010

"The 1st year is the hardest"

Today was our first wedding anniversary. It kinda snuck up on me. I didn't realize how we were flying through September until it was over. With lack of preparation and money we decided to just have a nice candle lit dinner at home (plus it was Sunday) I had no input on what I should make for our dinner so I made mini meatloaves last minute. I at least had time on Friday to do some shopping for the table settings. It turned to be very classy and we enjoyed it. I enjoyed putting it all together and i cant wait to have my own house and some friends to invite over for a fancy dinner someday.
Dinner was tasty and for desert I made a Lemon Mousse topped with huckleberries.Yum Yum.

We chatted until the candlesticks were little nubs. It's nice to take some time away from work and the TV to just sit and talk with each other about our lives and our future. We never get to do that very often.
This is a picture of the top of our wedding cake, kinda smashed and minus the flowers. It is tradition to eat it on your one year anniversary. But its old and tastes like freezer so we passed on the cake.
Wednesday is brads birthday and he pretty much guessed all of the presents I was going to get him, but I got them anyway and wrapped them up all pretty like. He is on a diet right now so he crushed my hopes and dreams of making him a fabulous birthday cake. (he is not as into holidays as I am so he doesn't really understand my disappointment) I still got a thrill from wrapping the presents tho.

October is going to go by in a flash and hopefully beginning of November I will be in Arizona visiting all of my family and my new baby boy Jacob! can't wait to hold him and give him kisses. I am also excited to be warm, and hang out with my sister! Just a mini vacation will be nice to have, I haven't been anywhere in years! Hopefully a honeymoon is in the near future for us. Brad has never been out of the states and I am dying to go to Hawaii, or ANYWHERE for that matter. We are moving back to Montana in a week and plan to start the temple prep classes so we can go to the temple soon :) and then a honeymoon, I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Awww that is cute! I am glad you guys had fun! Congrats on making it the first year and Jake is so excited to meet Aunt Sara! :)

    ReplyDelete