Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's all about the pie

I am preparing for the holidays by practicing my pie making skills. One time i made this buttery flaky deliciousness of a crust and it was so yummy, ever since i just cant get the same effect. I may just have to stick with store bought pie crust.


Mom always taught me to gather all of the ingredients you will need to make something before you start. As you use each ingredient you put it away. That way you know which ingredients you have already used and you clean up as you go! I use Libby's pie filling because it is all that i know. I am not ambitious enough to make one out of fresh pumpkin like my sister. which is why she will be in charge of the pumpkin pie for thanksgiving.



Then i make the crust all pretty around the edges. Sometimes if i have left over dough i will make pretty leaves. Like mom.



yum yum yum. I have yet to taste it. It is in the fridge cooling. I love pie.



3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm. Bring me some! Pumpkin pie sounds SO good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound good! I wish I could practice baking but that would be bad for my goal to lose 15lbs in 15 weeks. Call me for the best crust recipe ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha "i love pie" haha you are so funny

    ReplyDelete